The Biozentrum of the University of Basel is one of the leading Life Sciences Institutes in the world. It accommodates 30 research groups and 500 employees investigating how molecules and cells create life, spanning the scale from atom to organism. Founded in 1971, the Biozentrum has been the birthplace of many fundamental discoveries in biology and medicine, spawning several Nobel Laureates.
The NCCR AntiResist is a Swiss-wide, multidisciplinary research consortium, which aims at developing innovative antimicrobial approaches for important human pathogens. The University of Basel is the home Institution of NCCR AntiResist.
The Biozentrum and NCCR AntiResist are searching for a highly motivated administrative assistant to govern their international PhD programs.
- Administrative support for PhD students (from registration to PhD exam)
- Organization of the Biozentrum PhD Fellowship interview program
- Organization of the graduate program "Health & Infection – Basel"
- Implementing and organizing extra-curricular courses and education programs
- Generating statistics monitoring the PhD program and students
- Preparing advertisement for the PhD program
- Managing finance and internal reporting
- Administering and monitoring of teaching assignments
- Completed commercial apprenticeship with several years of practical experience, preferably in a university environment
- Excellent written and spoken German and English
- High competence in the use of modern means of communication
- Proficient in handling various office software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility in learning new tasks
- Excellent team player
- Proactive and empathic personality
- University degree in natural sciences or experience in research could be of an advantage
You work in a goal-oriented, forward-looking and prudent manner, are a good team player, well organized and used to working independently? You are able to react confidently and flexibly to the diverse demands of the university research environment? Do you enjoy dealing with people from all over the world? Then you are the person we are looking for.
We offer you
We offer an exciting and inspiring work environment with stimulating collaborations within the Institute, the University, in Switzerland and worldwide.
The initial contract will be for two years with the possibility of a permanent employment after positive evaluation. Salary and benefits according to University of Basel standards.
For more information visit https://www.biozentrum.unibas.ch/phd/phd-at-a-glance/overview/ and https://www.unibas.ch/en/Research/NCCR/Antiresist.html
Application / Contact
Please apply online:
The application should include a brief personal statement, explaining how your qualifications and experience make you a good candidate for this job, together with a full, up-to-date CV and addresses of 2 references.
We start reviewing applications from 3 August 2020 until the position is filled. Please note that only online-applications will be accepted.
For further information, please contact Prof. Marek Basler (Head of PhD Program, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Angie Klarer (PhD Program coordinator, email@example.com) Apply
Arbejdsgiverens øvrige annoncer
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
Research technician / laboratory engineer
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)
Førsteamanuensis/førstelektor/ høgskolelektor i vernepleie
Høgskulen på Vestlandet Bergen
Assistenz Doktorand/-in 60%
University of Basel Basel
University of Basel Basel